NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Sept. 17, 2021) – After playing three straight nationally ranked foes, the ETSU men’s soccer team now turns its attention to conference play as the Bucs head to the Music City to take on Belmont Saturday night. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. ET at E.S. Rose Park.
ABOUT THE BUCS
- ETSU enters Saturday’s match with a record of 2-2-1 after taking on reigning national champion and then-No. 10 Marshall, No. 21 Lipscomb and No. 22 VCU over a week span.
- Tarik Pannholzer (Flensburg, Germany) enters conference play on fire as he has scored three goals over the past two games and has scored at least one goal in four of the Bucs’ first five contests.
- On Tuesday at VCU, Pannholzer moved his career total to eight goals, placing him in a tie for eighth all-time in program history … The Buccaneer sophomore also collected his 19th career point, which puts him tied for 10th all-time.
- Red-shirt senior Cole Hunter (Mount Juliet, Tenn.) made his Buccaneer debut in goal Tuesday in Richmond, but his night came to an end in the 59th minute after picking up his second yellow card of the match … Josh Perryman (Sheffield, England) closed out the final 31 minutes for the Blue and Gold.
- Belmont is coming off a 1-1 draw to No. 22 Lipscomb on Tuesday night at Lipscomb.
- The Bruins currently sit 3-2-1 overall, while being a perfect 3-0 at home this season … Belmont is 6-1-1 in its last eight home matches, dating back to the spring.
- Belmont is unbeaten in its last four matches as they have taken down UNC Asheville, SIU Edwardsville and Georgia State, along with tying Lipscomb during this stretch.
- The Bruins top all SoCon teams in fewest goals allowed (6) and goals against average (0.94).
- The Bucs lead the all-time series, 4-3-1, with the lone draw coming in the spring match where they played to a scoreless draw on March 23 in Summers-Taylor Stadium.
- ETSU won its last meeting in Nashville when the Bucs captured a 1-0 double-overtime result back on Oct. 29, 2019 … Dominic Foster scored the game-winning goal in the 107th minute, marking his first goal of his collegiate career … Perryman made five saves in the that win.
- The Bucs are 2-1-1 in the last four meetings against Belmont.
ETSU returns home to host Mercer on Saturday, Sept. 25 at 7 p.m. inside Summers-Taylor Stadium.
For more information on ETSU men’s soccer, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the men’s soccer tab.