JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Sept. 24, 2021) – The ETSU men’s soccer team will look to even its record in conference play when the Buccaneers host Mercer in their Southern Conference home opener Saturday night at Summers-Taylor Stadium. Game time is set for 7 p.m.
ABOUT THE BUCS
- ETSU looks to bounce back in the win column after suffering a tough 1-0 setback to Belmont last Saturday in Nashville ... The Bucs enter Saturday’s match at 2-3-1, 0-1-0.
- The Bucs are 4-2-1 in SoCon home openers since rejoining the SoCon in 2014 … ETSU has taken on Mercer three time in conference home openers with the Bucs winning two of the three contests.
- ETSU is among national statistical leaders in shot accuracy (16th, .516) and assists per game (19th, 2.33).
- Tarik Pannholzer (Flensburg, Germany) ranks second in the country in shot accuracy (.857), while ranking 12th in goals per game (0.83), 13th in total goals (5), 18th in points per game (1.83) and 23rd in total points (11).
- Gabriel Ramos (Sao Paulo, Brazil) and Kieran Richards (Hamilton, New Zealand) are both tied for 33rd nationally in assists per game (0.60).
- Mercer won its SoCon opener with a 1-0 victory over Furman last Saturday … The Bears are coming off a 2-1 loss at South Carolina on Tuesday night.
- The Bears are 3-4 overall on the season and 1-0 in SoCon play.
- Mercer has dropped two of its three road matches on the year.
- The Bears rank second nationally in shot accuracy (.597) and fouls per game (7.86), while ranking second in the SoCon in save percentage (.775) and shutout percentage (.429).
- Saturday marks the 22nd meeting between the two rivals with the series being split, 8-8-5.
- The Bucs have won the last three meetings, outscoring Mercer, 5-1, during this stretch.
- ETSU is 3-3-2 all-time in games played in Johnson City.
ETSU plays five of its next six matches on the road starting Tuesday night at Virginia Tech … Game time is slated for 7 p.m.
For more information on ETSU men’s soccer, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the men’s soccer tab.