JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Oct. 1, 2021) – The ETSU men’s soccer team eyes its first Southern Conference win of the season when the Buccaneers host the Wofford Terriers Saturday under the lights at Summers-Taylor Stadium. Game time is scheduled for 8 p.m.
ABOUT THE BUCS
- ETSU enters Saturday’s match with an overall record of 2-4-2 and a SoCon mark of 0-1-1.
- The Bucs are gearing up for its third conference match of the campaign after the Bucs suffered a 1-0 setback at Belmont two weeks ago and played Mercer to a scoreless draw last Saturday.
- ETSU is coming off a 2-0 loss at No. 11 Virginia Tech on Tuesday night in Blacksburg … Tuesday marked the fourth nationally ranked foe the Bucs have played over their last four games.
- Josh Perryman (Sheffield, England) moved into a tie for second all-time among ETSU career leaders in saves on Tuesday night … Perryman enters Saturday’s match with 182 saves, tying him with Ryan Coulter (2011-13), while theBuccaneer red-shirt senior is 23 saves shy of breaking Jonny Sutherland’s (2015-17) record of 204.
- Perryman ranks among active NCAA Division I career leaders in saves (182, 20th), goalkeeper minutes (4,857.29, 20th), solo shutouts (14, 29th) and save percentage (.734, 40th).
- Wofford has dropped its last two matches and sit 3-5 overall and 1-0 in SoCon play.
- The Terriers suffered a 2-0 loss at Charlotte on Tuesday and lost 2-1 at Georgia State last Saturday.
- Wofford is 1-4 this season away from Spartanburg.
- Wofford’s SoCon win was an 8-1 thrashing of VMI on Sept. 18.
- The Terriers have scored 15 goals this season, while allowing 14 … Brandon Oddy leads the team with five goals and 21 shots.
- Joshua Old and Josh Burgess have split time in goal with Old playing in seven matches and recording a 3-4 record … Burgess has played in two matches and is 0-1-0 … Old has totaled 20 saves and posted two shutouts.
- ETSU leads the all-time series, 10-3-2, while the Bucs have won the last six matches over Wofford.
- During this six-game win streak over Wofford, ETSU has outscored the Terriers, 16-8, while five of those six games have been decided by one goal.
- ETSU is 5-0-2 all-time against the Terriers in Johnson City.
ETSU hits the road for four straight games starting Tuesday afternoon at Northern Kentucky … Kickoff is set for Noon in Highland Heights, Ky.
For more information on ETSU men’s soccer, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the men’s soccer tab.