Kieran Richards scores a brace to lead the way for the Bucs
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Aug. 25, 2022) – Behind a brace by senior forward Kieran Richards (Hamilton, New Zealand), the ETSU men’s soccer team opened the David Lilly era with a 4-0 win over Longwood on Thursday night inside Summers-Taylor Stadium.
- 24’ – Junior forward, Tarik Pannholzer (Flensburg, Germany) opened the 2022 goal account for the Bucs.
- 34’ – Junior midfielder, Gabriel Ramos (Sao Paulo, Brazil) scored his first goal of the season, assisted by Lucas Lightner (Clarksville, Tenn.)
- 46’ – Senior forward, Kieran Richards (Hamilton, New Zealand) scored his first of the game, assisted by Carlos Portas (Barcelona, Spain).
- 78’ – Kieran Richards netted his second of the game for the Bucs.
- Longwood recorded five shots in the first half, but only recorded one on target which was stopped by goalkeeper Cole Hunter (Mount Juliet, Tenn.).
- The Lancers recorded four corner kicks in the first 45 minutes.
- Opening the goal tally in the 24th minute, Tarik Pannholzer scored his first of the season after a record 2021 campaign.
- Only 10 minutes later, the Bucs opened the score to 2-0, when Lightner slid his way to assist Ramos.
- In the first kicks of the second half, Portas found Richards who smashed one past the keeper for his first goal in the 46th
- In the final 15 minutes of the game, Richards sealed the game for the Bucs and recorded his brace in the 78th
- The Bucs recorded all three corner kicks in the second half and out-shot the Lancers, 6-3.
- Three different Bucs scored.
- Senior forward, Kieran Richards scored a brace to lead the way.
- ETSU out-shot the Lancers 12-8.
- The Blue and Gold start 1-0 in David Lilly era.
The Bucs will host Davidson Sunday afternoon in Summers-Taylor Stadium, with kickoff set to be at 4 p.m.