Bucs look to go 2-0 on Sunday afternoon
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Aug. 27, 2022) – After opening the season with a 4-0 win against Longwood Thursday night, the Bucs host Davidson on Sunday afternoon at 4 p.m. inside Summers-Taylor Stadium. The Blue and Gold look to open back-to-back seasons with a 2-0 record.
ETSU vs. Davidson
Sunday, August 28 | 4 p.m. | Summers-Taylor Stadium
- Three different Bucs were involved in the scoring Thursday night and three different Bucs assisted a goal in the season opener.
- Senior midfielder Kieran Richards (Hamilton, New Zealand) opened the season with a 2-goal and 1-assist performance, surpassing his goal tally from a season ago.
- Freshmen Preston Holmes (Knoxville, Tenn.) and Jason Gun (Asheville, N.C.) made their collegiate debuts Thursday, logging 17 combined minutes.
- Defender Dominic Foster (London, England) logged the most minutes for the Bucs in the season opener with 84 minutes, recording an assist in the second half.
- Davidson is led by fourth-year head coach, Mike Babst.
- Opening their season with a loss, the Wildcats enter Sunday’s matchup with an 0-1 record.
- The Wildcats return their leading goal scorer from 2021, Vincent Bennage … Bennage recorded seven goals a year ago.
- After finishing with an overall record of 9-7-2 in 2021, Davidson added a freshman class of seven to the 2022 roster.
- The Bucs hold a 2-1 advantage over Davidson in the short three-game series history.
- The last meeting between the two teams came in 2019, where ETSU defeated Davidson 2-1 in Davidson, N.C.
- The last time the Wildcats made a trip to Johnson City, Tenn. was nearly ten years ago – back in 2011.
For more information on Buccaneer men’s soccer, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the men’s soccer tab.