ETSU falls at Presbyterian, 2-0
CLINTON, S.C. (Sept. 6, 2022) – The ETSU men’s soccer team suffered its first defeat of the season as the Buccaneers surrendered a pair of second-half goals and fell 2-0 to Presbyterian on Tuesday night at Martin Stadium.
Dropping their first contest, the Bucs sit with an overall record of, 3-1.
- 55’ – Gerard Lopez scored on a penalty shot following a foul by Buccaneer newcomer Marc Kouadio (Montreal, Canada).
- 68’ – Ben Kaindu scored the second goal for Presbyterian.
- In a scoreless first half, goalkeeper Marc Kouadio, who made his season debut, recorded the only save of the half after four total shots.
- In the first 10 minutes of the second half, Presbyterian was awarded a penalty which was scored by forward Gerard Lopez.
- Recording a total of 15 shots and 10 second-half shots, the Bucs forced all three saves by the Presbyterian goalkeeper.
- In the 68th minute Presbyterian scored its second goal of the match off the foot of substitute, Ben Kaindu.
- After scoring 10 goals in their first three games of the season, the Bucs were held scoreless for the first time this season.
- ETSU allowed its first ever goals in the all-time series history versus Presbyterian.
- Presbyterian remained unbeaten as the Blue Hose improved to 4-0 on the season.
- Kieran Richards (Hamilton, New Zealand) led the Bucs with six total shots, two coming on net.
The Bucs will travel to Spartanburg S.C. on Saturday to take on USC Upstate, kickoff set for 3 p.m.
For more information on Buccaneer men’s soccer, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the men’s soccer tab.