Bucs set to play third straight road game
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (Sept. 9, 2022) – Opening the season with a 3-1 record, the Bucs travel to Spartanburg, S.C. to take on 0-3 USC Upstate on Saturday afternoon. Playing its third consecutive game on the road, ETSU looks to bounce back after a loss on Tuesday night.
ETSU at USC UPSTATE
Saturday, September 10 | 3 p.m. | Spartanburg, S.C.
Live Stats | Watch
- 3-1 overall record entering Saturday’s game.
- The Bucs look to open the season 4-1 for the first time since 2011.
- ETSU has a goal margin of (+6).
- Forward, Tarik Pannholzer (Flensburg, Germany) leads the Bucs in shots with 19 and minutes played with 329.
- Four Bucs have started all four games for ETSU this season.
ABOUT USC UPSTATE
- 0-3 overall record entering Saturday’s game.
- USC Upstate has a goal margin of (-6).
- The Spartans are coached by Scott Halkett, who is in his sixth year as head coach.
- Saturday’s game will be the first home game for USC Upstate this season.
- The Bucs hold a 4-0-2 series advantage.
- The two teams last met in 2013, where the Bucs came out on top 4-1, in Johnson City.
- Saturday’s matchup will be the first time the Bucs travel to Spartanburg, S.C. since 2012.
- ETSU has never lost against USC Upstate in the six meetings between the teams.
For more information on Buccaneer men’s soccer, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the men’s soccer tab.