The Bucs draw their first game of the season
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (Sept. 10, 2022) – On Saturday afternoon, the ETSU men’s soccer team battled for 90 minutes to end in a scoreless draw against USC Upstate at the County University Soccer Stadium. Facing its second consecutive Big South opponent on the road, the Bucs move to 3-1-1 on the season.
- In the first half the Bucs recorded 10 shots, with one of them landing on target coming off the foot of forward, Carlos Portas (Barcelona, Spain).
- Setting the tone for the first 45 minutes, the Bucs earned three corners to USC Upstate’s one.
- Goalkeeper, Cole Hunter (Mount Juliet, Tenn.) saved two shots in the opening half, while the Trojans recorded a total of three shots in the half.
- In the second half, ETSU recorded eight total shots while forcing three saves from the USC Upstate goalkeeper, Luca Bulfon.
- Applying the pressure in the second half, the Bucs recorded six corners, while recording three shots on target.
- Hunter saved an additional two shots in the second half, while facing five second-half shots from the Trojans.
- Portas led the Bucs with three shots on target.
- ETSU out-shot USC Upstate 18-8.
- The backline trio of Dominic Foster (London, England), Ryan Suckling (Surrey, England) and Yves Tcheuyap (Oakville, Canada) played all 90 minutes for the Bucs.
- USC Upstate moved to 0-3-1 on the season.
The Bucs will travel to Chapel Hill, N.C. to face the University of North Carolina on Tuesday night, with kickoff set to be at 7 p.m.