ETSU wraps up four-game road swing in Chapel Hill
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (Sept. 13, 2022) – On Tuesday night, the ETSU men’s soccer team battled against North Carolina, losing 1-0. Playing in Chapel Hill, N.C., the Bucs ended a four-game road haul, moving to 3-2-1 on the season.
- 51’ – Sam Williams scored from just outside the 18-yard box, assisted by Key White for North Carolina.
- In the first half, goalkeeper Cole Hunter (Mount Juliet, Tenn.) answered the call, saving two shots by UNC.
- Having the Bucs’ first opportunity of the game, Kieran Richards (Hamilton, New Zealand) forced a save by the UNC goalkeeper in the 25th
- Six minutes into the second period, North Carolina found the back of the net from a 20-yard shot off the foot of Sam Williams.
- Fighting in the second half, ETSU recorded two shots on target. The first by Gabriel Ramos (Sao Paulo, Brazil) in the 67th minute and the second by Richards in the 80th
- ETSU did not record a corner kick for the first time all season.
- Both teams were tied with shots on target with three.
- North Carolina improved to 3-2 on the season.
- Richards led the Bucs in shots with three and shots on target with two.
The Bucs will host Gardner-Webb next Tuesday in Summers-Taylor Stadium. Kickoff is set to for at 6 p.m.