JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Sept. 20, 2022) – ETSU men’s soccer played Gardner-Webb to a scoreless battle for the first 85 minutes on Tuesday night, but the Buccaneers surrendered a goal in the final stages of the match, falling 1-0 to the Runnin’ Bulldogs inside Summers-Taylor Stadium.
The Bucs suffered its second straight setback as ETSU dipped to 3-3-1 on the season.
- 86’ - Aymane Sordo scored, assisted by Jacob Harris.
- In a quiet first half, the Bucs recorded two shots on target, which were saved by the Gardner-Webb goalkeeper.
- The first shot on target was by Tarik Pannholzer (Flensburg, Germany) in the 20th minute of the game.
- Nine minutes later, Carlos Portas (Barcelona, Spain) forced another save in the 29th
- In the second half the Runnin’ Bulldogs recorded 10 total shots – four of them landing on target.
- ETSU goalkeeper Cole Hunter (Mount Juliet, Tenn.) saved three of the shots.
- In the 86th minute, Aymane Sordo scored for Gardner-Webb off a shot that took a deflection from a Bucs defender.
- The Bucs recorded a total of seven second-half shots – three of them landing on target.
- The Bucs recorded five shots on target, compared to four by Gardner-Webb.
- Freshman Gabriel Betancourt (Charlotte, N.C.) made his colligate debut, logging 23 minutes for the Bucs.
- Gardner-Webb improved to 4-2-1 on the season.
The Bucs travel to Radford next Tuesday. Kickoff is set for 6 p.m.