Bucs score two goals in the final 15 minutes
RADFORD, Va. (Sept. 27, 2022) – On Tuesday night the ETSU men’s soccer team defeated Radford on the road by a score of 3-0. Improving to 4-3-1 on the season, the Bucs were led by Cameron Carroll (Knoxville, Tenn.) who both opened and closed the scoring for ETSU.
- 5’ – Carroll scored in the opening minutes, assisted by Kieran Richards (Hamilton, New Zealand).
- 75’ – Gabriel Ramos (Sao Paulo, Brazil) scored his second goal of the season, assisted by Lucas Lightner (Clarksville, Tenn.)
- 89’ – Carroll completed his brace with a chip-shot just inside the 18-yard box with a set up by Carlos Portas (Barcelona, Spain.)
- In the opening 45 minutes of the contest the Bucs recorded six different shots to apply the early pressure.
- Apart of that pressure was the fifth minute strike by Carroll who connected for his first goal of the season.
- Holding steady in the backline, the Bucs only allowed three shots in the first half while goalkeeper Cole Hunter (Mount Juliet, Tenn.) recorded a save.
- Coming out of halftime firing, ETSU recorded eight second-half shots in efforts to open their lead.
- The wait between the first two goals was 70 minutes as Ramos found the back of the net in the 75th minute to give the Bucs the 2-0 advantage.
- The Bucs only allowed one shot on target in the second half off three total shots by Radford.
- Carroll completed his brace in the final minute of the game as he chipped the keeper who watched it sail over his head.
- Bucs outshot Radford 14-6 in total and 6-2 with shots on target.
- Three different Bucs have recorded a brace this season for ETSU. First, Kieran Richards (Hamilton, New Zealand) in the season opener against Longwood, Carlos Portas (Barcelona, Spain) against Davidson and Carroll Tuesday night at Radford.
- In the four wins ETSU has outscored opponents 13-2.
- Radford dips to a 1-6-1 overall record.
- The Bucs will play their SoCon opener on Friday night at 7 p.m. as they host VMI at Summers-Taylor for senior night.
For more information on Buccaneer men’s soccer, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the men’s soccer tab.