Bucs look to keep momentum after winning previous two
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Oct. 3, 2022) – After opening conference play with a 3-0 victory over VMI, the ETSU men’s soccer team hosts Virginia Tech Tuesday night at 7 p.m. in Summers-Taylor Stadium. Taking a quick break from conference play the Bucs host Virginia Tech for the first time since 2011.
ETSU vs VIRGINIA TECH
Tuesday, October 4 | 7 p.m. | Summers-Taylor Stadium
Live Stats | Watch
- The Bucs own a 5-3-1 overall record and 1-0 record in the SoCon.
- ETSU has a plus-nine goal difference in Summers-Taylor Stadium posting a 3-1 record in the four home games this season.
- Kieran Richards (Hamilton, New Zealand) has tallied six goals to lead the team, scoring two different braces on the season.
- The Bucs have not allowed a first half goal while at home and have allowed 1 goal while protecting the home field.
- Midfielder Sebastian Reventlow-Mourier (Viborg, Denmark) leads the team in minutes played with 746 starting eight of the nine matches for the Bucs.
ABOUT VIRGINIA TECH
- The Hokies own a 1-8-1 overall record, and 0-4 conference record.
- Virginia Tech has a minus eight goal difference scoring nine goals this season.
- The Hokies are led by Danny Flores who has tallied three goals and two assist in 10 games.
- Virginia Tech is 0-5 on the road this season.
- Tuesday night will be the fifth all-time meeting, with Virginia Tech holding the slight 1-2-1 advantage in the series record.
- The previous matchup ended in a 2-0 loss for the Bucs a season ago in September.
- The Bucs lone win in the all-time series came in a 1-0 victory in Johnson City back in 2011.
For more information on Buccaneer men’s soccer, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the men’s soccer tab.