JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (April 13, 2015) - Throughout the season, members of the ETSU men’s tennis team will be featured in a ‘‘Getting to Know’’ segment on ETSUBucs.com.
The next student-athlete to be profiled is Umberto Setter (Bedano, Switzerland).
Setter's teammates came up with the questions. Below are Setter's responses:
1. What are your plans after graduation?
I plan to pursue a masters degree and go back to Europe to start my professional career.
2. Why did you start playing tennis?
My father has always liked tennis. One day, he took me to hit some balls with him and I immediately got fascinated by this sport. There is athleticism but also a lot of strategy and mental skills. The difference between hitting a winner and an unforced error is extremely thin; I really like the challenges that tennis makes you go through.
3. Who is your favorite athlete?
Stanislas "The Man” Wawrinka, ATP tennis player
4. What is something that not many people know about you?
I play saxophone
5. Who is the best dancer on the team?
Sebastian “Rapper” Yllera
6. What is a bad habit you have?
I can be very negative sometimes.
7. What is your favorite quote?
“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
"Per aspera ad astra." (Latin phrase meaning "through hardship to the stars")
8. What is the most adventurous thing you have done?
Hiking and spending the night on a mountain peak with my cousins.
9. If you were not playing tennis what do you think you would be doing?
I would probably be studying in Switzerland and playing another sport. Perhaps ice-hockey.
10. If you were not afraid of doing something, what would you do?
I would go for a tour on a hot-air balloon. I have always been scared of that small basket that is supposed to keep you safe.
11. What is your favorite thing to do off the court?
Lifting and running
12. Who do you look up to most in life?
My father. His discipline, ambition, and work ethics made him the successful businessman he is today.
13. What country do you most want to visit?
14. If you could have dinner with somebody dead or alive who would it be and why?
Lindsey Vonn. She is an incredible athlete and the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.
15. If you could have one thing in the world what would it be?
16. If you were an animal, what would you be?
Probably a wolf, because they are fast, strong, but also incredibly smart.
17. Which is your favorite non-ETSU tennis memory?
The day I won the Regional Championship back in Switzerland
FOLLOW THE BUCS