Bucs look to win three straight
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Feb 27, 2023) – On Tuesday afternoon, the ETSU softball team will open their home schedule with a matchup against Appalachian State at 4 p.m., inside Betty Basler Field. After playing the first 14 games of the season on the road, the Bucs will start the first of three straight at home.
LIVE STATS | WATCH
Location: Johnson City, Tenn. | Betty Basler Field
Weather: Mostly sunny - High: 68, Low: 45.
Twitter Updates: @ETSUSoftball
- ETSU enters the matchup with a 3-11 record, winning the previous two against Penn on Sunday.
- The Bucs will play their first home game since May 1, 2022.
- As a team, ETSU is averaging a .282 batting average in 390 at bats. Sara Muir (Sequatchie, Tenn.) leads the team with a .450 batting average, producing 18 hits and 11 RBI’s.
- In the first 14 games, the Bucs have left a total of 105 runners on base in 88.1 innings on the defensive end.
- Brianna Bailey (Wewahitchka, Fla.) is 2-3 as a starter, pitching a total of 30.2 innings, while striking out 28 batters and posting a 2.74 ERA.
ABOUT APPALACHIAN STATE
- The Mountaineers own an 8-3 record, winning the last five.
- Appalachian State earned five wins at the UNC Wilmington Tournament over the weekend.
- Kayt Houston leads the team with a .415 batting average, producing 17 hits in 41 at bats.
- Delani Buckner is 3-1 as a starter, producing a 0.64 era while allowing just 18 hits in 22 innings of work.
- The Bucs lead 24-21 in the all-time series between the teams.
- Appalachian State has won the previous seven matchups, four of those seven happening last season.
- ETSU’s last home win against Appalachian State came in a 2-0 victory on March 9, 2021.
For more information on Buccaneer softball, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the softball tab.