HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (Nov. 11, 2021) – The ETSU women’s cross country team makes its final preparations for the NCAA South Regional race, which will be held Friday morning in Huntsville, Ala.
- North Alabama is hosting the regional at John Hunt Park in Huntsville.
- The Buccaneer women will run a 6K starting at 9:30 a.m. ET
- Xpress Timing will hold live scoring for the event … Click here for live results.
- The top two women’s teams and the top four individuals from the race not a member of the two top teams and finishing in the top 25 will advance to the NCAA Championships.
ABOUT THE BUCS
- Lindsey Stallworth (Knoxville, Tenn.) has led the Blue and Gold in all five meets this season as she’s coming off a third-place finish at the Southern Conference Championship two weeks ago in Lexington, Va.
- As a team, the Bucs placed third at the conference meet – three points shy of a second-place mark.
- Stallworth has three top-five finishes this season, including a win at the Golden Eagle Invitational back on Oct. 15 … The Buccaneer All-American set a personal best at the Live in Lou Classic on Oct. 2 when she clocked in at 16:59.8.
- Stallworth finished 14th on this course at the preview meet back in September.
- Kiera Snyder (Clyde, Mich.) set a personal best on this course in September when she clocked in at 17:47.8.
- Genevieve Schwarz (Oak Ridge, Tenn.) is coming off a successful showing at the SoCon meet where she earned all-conference honors for the second straight season after finishing 13th in 19:04.9.
- ETSU is one of 40 women’s team competing in the regional.
- Florida State is ranked ninth nationally in the USTFCCCA Coaches Poll, while Alabama is 11th and Ole Miss is 15th.
For more information on ETSU women’s cross country, visit ETSUBucs.com.