ETSU hosts Chattanooga Friday; league-leading Samford on Sunday
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Oct. 14, 2021) – The ETSU women’s soccer team gears up for its final regular season home weekend when the Buccaneers host Chattanooga and league-leading Samford. The Bucs host the Mocs on Friday night before taking on Samford in the home finale on Sunday.
ETSU vs. Chattanooga
Friday, Oct. 15 | 7 p.m. | Summers-Taylor Stadium
ESPN+ | Live Stats
ETSU vs. Samford
Sunday, Oct. 17 | 2 p.m. | Summers-Taylor Stadium
ESPN+ | Live Stats
ABOUT THE BUCS
- ETSU opened its three-game homestand last Saturday with a 1-0 win over Western Carolina.
- With the win, the Bucs improved to 5-3-3 overall and 2-2-1 in SoCon play.
- Freshman goalkeeper Shu Ohba (Fujisawa, Japan) received her second SoCon Defensive Player of the Week honor on Tuesday … Ohba posted her sixth shutout of the season after tallying seven saves in the win over Western Carolina.
- Following her sixth clean sheet of the season, Ohba now ranks 20th nationally in shutouts.
- Junior Jocelyn Nehls (New Richmond, Ohio) scored the game-winning goal over the Catamounts as her first score of the campaign came in the 63rd minute.
- The Bucs are 2-1-2 at home this season.
- Chattanooga enters the weekend at 5-8-2 overall and 2-3-1 in conference play.
- The Mocs snapped a three-game losing streak after blanking Wofford 1-0 on Sunday.
- Chattanooga has dropped four of its six road games this season with the two wins being a 1-0 overtime victory at Tennessee Tech and a 3-1 result at North Alabama.
- The Mocs are being outscored 19-11 on the season with Samantha Shaw accounting for four of those goals ... Two of Shaw’s goals have gone for game-winners.
- Chattanooga has used three keepers this season with Abbey Saddler playing the last 15 contests … Saddler has surrendered all 19 goals, while totaling being a part of five of the Mocs’ six shutouts.
- Chattanooga leads the all-time series 8-5-3, while ETSU is 4-2-1 in games played in Johnson City … The Bucs are searching for their first win in the series since a 3-0 result back on Sept. 22, 2017.
- Samford rides a six-match win streak into the weekend as the Bulldogs stand 9-3-2 overall and 6-0-0 in SoCon play.
- The Bulldogs are outscoring their opponents 18-3 during this six-game win streak.
- Samford’s last loss was a 2-1 double-overtime setback at Texas on Sept. 16.
- The Bulldogs are outscoring their opponents, 30-12, on the season, while Morgan McAslan has registered six shutouts.
- The Bulldogs are the reigning SoCon Tournament Champions.
- Samford leads the all-time series, 9-1, with the Bucs’ lone win coming being a 3-1 victory on Oct. 3, 2014 in Birmingham.
ETSU concludes regular season play next weekend when the Bucs head to UNCG on Friday before taking on VMI in the finale on Sunday.
For more information on ETSU women’s soccer, visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the women’s soccer tab.