ETSU ends non-conference schedule for the season
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Sept. 15, 2022) – On Thursday night the ETSU women’s soccer team played its final non-conference game of the season, losing to Oklahoma 4-1. Hosting their second consecutive game, the Bucs scored a late goal in Summers-Taylor stadium to move to 2-3-2 on the season.
- 47’ – Leonie Weber found the back of the net from the corner flag after taking a touch off the ETSU defender.
- 50’ – Emma Hawkins scored from outside the box, assisted by Alexis Washington for the Sooners.
- 61’ – Sheridan Michel scored from just outside the 18-yard box.
- 66’ – Bri Amos put one away inside the box, assisted by Chelsea Wagner.
- 84’ – Grace Eatz (Roswell, Ga.) scored her first collegiate goal.
- A goalless first half was highlighted by the ETSU goalkeeper Ashton Blair (Knoxville, Tenn.) who recorded five saves in the period, from 13 total shots by the Sooners.
- Freshman midfielder, Selena Wimbish (Chula Vista, Calif.) had an opportunity in the 20th minute which was saved by the Oklahoma goalkeeper.
- Twenty minutes later, Sarah Connolly (Ballygowan, Northern Ireland) forced another saved by the Oklahoma goalkeeper.
- Two minutes into the second half, Leonie Weber scored from a corner which took a touch by the Bucs.
- In the 50th minutes the Sooners found the back of the net off the foot of Emma Hawkins.
- Eleven minutes later Oklahoma added another goal by a shot from just outside the 18-yard box by Sheridan Michel.
- In the 66th minute Bri Amos scored the final goal for the Sooners to give them the 4-0 advantage.
- In the final minutes of the game, Eatz scored her first collegiate goal after a ball bounced in the 18-yard box, which she cleaned up to make it a 4-1 game.
- The Bucs were outshot 24-7.
- Defenders, Taylor Limprevil (Spring Hill, Tenn.) and Madi Hook (Fareham, England) were the only two Bucs to play all 90 minutes.
- Oklahoma improved to 4-3-2 on the season.
The Bucs will open conference play next Friday when they host Furman, set for a 6 p.m. kickoff.