ETSU moves unbeaten streak to six
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (Oct. 16, 2022) – The ETSU women’s soccer team battled Chattanooga to a scoreless draw on Sunday afternoon from the Chattanooga Sports Complex. Unbeaten in six straight games, the Bucs moved to 5-5-5 overall and 3-2-3 in confernce play.
- In a scoreless and even first half, both teams recorded two shots on target. For ETSU, Andjela Kricak (Krusevac, Serbia) forced a save by the Mocs goalkeeper Caroline Ekern in the 32nd minute.
- Three minutes later, Shu Ohba (Fujisawa, Japan) recorded her first save, then stopped her second shot in the 40th minute of the contest.
- To end the half, Emma Arnold (Bristol, Tenn.) had an opportunity to open the score with a shot that was eventually saved.
- Defending to perfection, the Bucs faced five shots in the second half and only allowed two on target.
- As she has done all season, Ohha saved both of the Chattanooga shots that were on the frame.
- In the final seconds off the game, Lindsey Cook (Greenevillee, Tenn.) had the Bucs’s last opportunity from a freekick. As she tried for the game-winner, the ball struck off the crossbar to keep the contest scoreless.
- The Bucs are 3-0-3 in their last six games, marking their longest unbeaten streak since 2014 after opening the season, 6-0.
- Twenty-one different Bucs were featured for ETSU with freshman midfielder, Natalie Capanelli (Ontario, Canada) logging 58 minutes, coming off the bench.
- With the tie, Chattanooga moved to 7-3-4 overall and 5-0-2 in the SoCon.
The Bucs travel to Western Carolina on Sunday afternoon with kickoff set for 2 p.m.