MEN'S SPORTS MEN'S SPORTSWOMEN'S SPORTS WOMEN'S SPORTS
- Inside Athletics
- Fan Zone
- Media Zone
- Donate Now
BRISTOL, Tenn. (March 29, 2015) - The ETSU women's tennis team earned its fourth-consecutive victory Sunday, defeating Southern Conference opponent Mercer, 7-0, in Bristol, Tenn. With the win, ETSU improved its record to 10-3 overall, including a 3-0 mark in SoCon play.
ETSU began the day by taking the doubles point, collecting wins at all three positions.
Jessica Brumit (Elizabethton, Tenn.) and Jayde Viccars (Glen Waverely, Australia) extended their doubles win streak to three matches with a 6-2 win over Liza Klyachkin and Laura Kelly at No. 2 Doubles.
The Buccaneers (10-3, 3-0 SoCon) swept singles play, winning all six spots.
ETSU newcomers Ioanna Markesini (Athens, Greece) and Regina Nychytailova (Maripol, Ukraine) are each in the midst of four-match win streaks in singles play. Meanwhile, Lyn Yee Choo (Kuching, Malaysia) has won a team-best seven consecutive singles matches dating back to Feb. 14.
The Bucs, who are 3-0 at home this season, will host Chattanooga Thursday, April 2 at 1:00 p.m., in Southern Conference action.
ETSU 7, Mercer 0
1. Lyn Yee Choo (ETSU) def. Xandra Fougner (MER) 6-1, 6-0
2. Regina Nychytailova (ETSU) def. Grace Korta (MER) 7-5, 6-3
3. Ana Gerbasi (ETSU) def. Roxy Bartz (MER) 6-1, 6-2
4. Melissa Esguerra (ETSU) def. Haley Powell (MER) 6-1, 7-5
5. Jayde Viccars (ETSU) def. Liza Klyachkin (MER) 8-0
6. Jessica Brumit (ETSU) def. Laura Kelly (MER) 8-3
1. Lyn Yee Choo/Ana Gerbasi (ETSU) def. Grace Korta/Roxy Bartz (MER) 6-1
2. Jessica Brumit/Jayde Viccars (ETSU) def. Liza Klyachkin/Laura Kelly (MER) 6-2
3. Melissa Esguerra/Ioanna Markesini (ETSU) def. Xandra Fougner/Haley Powell (MER) 6-1
Mercer 4-13, 0-3 SoCon
ETSU 10-3, 3-0 SoCon
Order of finish: Singles (1,3,4,5,2,6)
FOLLOW THE BUCS
Stay up to date with ETSU Women's Tennis by following the Bucs on Facebook or on Twitter @ETSU_WTennis.
ETSU fans wanting to receive Buccaneer news, score updates, in-game promotions and much more sent to their mobile device can do so by signing up for “Buc Updates.” Click here to sign up today!